Chapter Programs at Golf Courses
The First Tee uses golf to teach youth life lessons and leadership skills. Sessions include a fun, group setting for youth ages 7 to 18 regardless of background or previous experience. Teaming up with experts in positive youth development, The First Tee helps youth become good golfers and even better people.
A Youth Program Unlike Any Other
The First Tee emphasizes Nine Core Values: honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, respect, confidence, responsibility, perseverance, courtesy and judgment. Through golf and our core values, your kids and teens will learn life skills like:
- Making proper introductions
- Managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
Advancing through the Program
From age 7 through 18, youth progress through different levels by demonstrating The First Tee Nine Core Values, life and golf skills as well as passing an assessment. All participants regardless of age start at the PLAYer level. The pinnacle of The First Tee is completing Ace.
- PLAYer (required minimum age 7) – Tee up for the first time and learn the game of golf and The First Tee’s Code of Conduct.
- Par (recommended minimum age 9) – Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course.
- Birdie (recommended minimum age 11) – Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality.
- Eagle (recommended minimum age13) – Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning.
- Ace (required minimum age 14 or entering 9th grade) – Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community.
Learn About Local Program Opportunities
Summer may be winding down, and schools are just about to start up, but that’s no reason to put away the golf clubs! Our FALL SESSION will begin the week of September 12!
- For children new to The First Tee or at the Player/Player Advanced levels, classes will be held twice weekly on Mondays and Wednesdays, from 4:00 to 5:45 at Suntides Golf Course.
- For participants at the PAR level and above, classes will be held twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 4:00 to 5:45 at Suntides Golf Course.
For a downloadable registration form, click FALL CAMP REGISTRATION 2016.
Fall class sizes are limited, and fill quickly… Register today!
Questions? Just call Mollie at 731-2722.
The Power of Relationships
“I consider my coaches at The First Tee to be some of the most important mentors I had growing up.” –alumnus
The First Tee coaches are trained to create positive relationships that inspire youth to discover their individual potential. Our programs help young people build confidence, develop respect and appreciate the value of giving back to our community all while learning the lifelong sport of golf.