2018 Spring Chapter Programs at SunTides Golf Course
The First Tee uses golf to teach youth life lessons and leadership skills. Sessions include a fun, group setting for youth ages 5 to 17 regardless of background or previous experience. Teaming up with experts in positive youth development, The First Tee helps youth become good golfers and even better people.
Spring Registration is now open, and it’s easy. Just select the appropriate registration form, download it to your desktop, fill and save it then email it to The First Tee at firstname.lastname@example.org! We will confirm your child’s registration upon receipt.
Spring 2018 Options:
Spring Break Camp is a great way for beginners to get an early introduction or re-introduction to the game, or for more advances players to get a jump on the new season!
Spring Break Camp will be offered April 3, 4, and 5.
- Children new to the program, and returning PLAYer level participants should register for the 10:00-12:00 class
- PAR and up participants should register for the 12:30 to 2:30 class..
Spring Break Camp Registration HERE
After school Spring Programming will begin the week of April 23, and will continue twice a week, to May 15th. Classes meet an hour and 45 minutes each week (1.5 hours for Target level), and begin at 4:00 sharp!
- All children new to The First Tee, or those at the PLAYer level should register for the Monday and Wednesday classes @ Suntides Practice Facility
- Participants PAR level and up will meet Tuesdays and Thursdays @ Suntides Practice Facility
Spring Program Registration HERE
Classes fill quickly… Register today!
Questions? Just call Coach Mollie at 731-2722.
Youth Program Unlike Any Other
The First Tee emphasizes Nine Core Values: honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, respect, confidence, responsibility, perseverance, courtesy and judgment. Through golf and our core values, your kids and teens will learn life skills like:
- Making proper introductions
- Managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
Advancing through the Program
From age 7 through 18, youth progress through different levels by demonstrating The First Tee Nine Core Values, life and golf skills as well as passing an assessment. All participants regardless of age start at the PLAYer level. The pinnacle of The First Tee is completing Ace.
- Target (5 and 6 year olds) – Introduce your little one to the game in a low stress, high fun atmosphere using over sized equipment and belco targets.
- PLAYer (required minimum age 7) – Tee up for the first time and learn the game of golf and The First Tee’s Code of Conduct.
- Par (recommended minimum age 9) – Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course.
- Birdie (recommended minimum age 11) – Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality.
- Eagle (recommended minimum age13) – Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning.
- Ace (required minimum age 14 or entering 9th grade) – Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community.
The Power of Relationships
“I consider my coaches at The First Tee to be some of the most important mentors I had growing up.” –alumnus
The First Tee coaches are trained to create positive relationships that inspire youth to discover their individual potential. Our programs help young people build confidence, develop respect and appreciate the value of giving back to our community all while learning the lifelong sport of golf.